Monday, December 2, 2013

December 2, 2013 Monday After the Feast

Fat Burning Pilates - A nice workout, on your back, works out everything and helps with breathing.

Psalm 26 - I have nothing in common with David at this point.  He calls himself blameless and talks of his integrity and great love of God.  Ok I have a great love for God, and I do have integrity, (I think)  but I am not blameless.  Thank God for the forgiveness in his son Jesus the Christ.

1974 - On this day, we had 18" of snow.  It shut down everything, all you could do was shovel out.
I lived in Birmingham at the time on a corner lot that was 160 foot deep, so a very long sidewalk as well.  I learned after that to not buy corner houses, and of course to always have a snow blower.  I should have learned to buy a house with the garage out front or next to the house, closer to the street.  Oh well live and learn, but I do have a snow blower, and a daughter.  No snow here today, something to be thankful for!

Parenting - Nicole and I have different opinions on snow.  It's ok.  I never really liked snow, it's pretty to look at, but that's about it.  She snowboards.  But it is the season of snowmen and snow ball fights, sledding and skating, or maybe just a walk in the snow on a crisp morning.  I will try to keep a positive outlook, and enjoy watching kids in the neighborhood make a snowman.  Maybe pay them to make one in mine, they always make the yard look happy.  Do you live where there is snow?

Unalaska - As my friend Amy said "UN believable"!  Looks interesting doesn't it?Pretty sure they get plenty of snow:
 The population was 4,376 at the 2010 census, which is 79% of the entire Aleutians West Census Area. Almost all of the community's port facilities are on Amaknak Island, better known as Dutch Harbor or just "Dutch". It is the largest fisheries port in the U.S. by volume caught. It includes Dutch Harbor Naval Operating Base and Fort Mears, U.S. Army, a U.S. National Historic Landmark.
 
Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment