Sunday, February 12, 2017

February 12, 2017 Sunday #social#home#dates#Croquet#handball!

Get Fit
So many things effect our health.  A healthy social life is so important to our physical and mental health.  Obviously when you have people you engage with you are going to be more active.  Call a friend today and make plans to visit, see a movie or play a game of tennis, etc.  You will be happy you did!

Get Faith
Psalm 16:5-6 "You have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure.  The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance."  I still dream of having a bigger fancier house.  God knows best.  I recounted all of the homes I have lived in my life, 10 homes in all.  None of them were palatial mansions.  They were all home.  I praise God for knowing what will keep me close to Him rather than what my earthly desires are.  He has made my lot secure.  Thank you God.

On this day
2008 - We had a snowstorm come in and dump 6" of snow.  My cousins and I had already been meeting for a number of years for dinner once a month.  This was one of only a couple nights that we actually cancelled.  The trick here is to immediately set up the next dinner and advise everyone where and when.  There are occasions when some miss for vacations or illness, but the group keeps up and I try to keep all in the loop, via email where and when the next date is.  I know a lot of you have started similar meetings, keep it up!  It is healthy and fun!

1880 - The National Croquet League was organized in Philadelphia, PADid you know?  Set up a league for this summer!!!

Ystad Sweden

Sports[edit]

The most popular sport in Ystad is handball, with two big clubs. Ystads IF is in Elitserien (the highest Swedish men's national league, as of 2008) whilst IFK Ystad is situated in Division 1 (the second highest league, as of 2008). Several famous handball players have played one or other of these clubs, the most famous one probably being Per Carlén.  Now that is socially and physically healthy!!

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday Leann and Jodi!

No comments:

Post a Comment