Monday, February 27, 2017

February 27, 2017 Monday #getgoing#newlife#brothers#Vikings!

Get Fit
I tried something easy to get started.  I was only concerned about my muscles on right side but it is actually my breathing that did me in.  I guess losing 20% of a lung can do that.  But I will not be deterred!  I did 10 minutes of country dancing and then sat down to catch my breath.  If you have surgery and they offer physical therapy after - take it!

Get Faith
Romans 6:4 "We were therefore buried with him through baptism in death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life."  My NIV Bible says this differently than the study writer reported.  As a Lutheran (we can be a pain) I recognized the difference right away and feel this translation is more appropriate.  The bottom line is the same, we have new life in Christ and should use that life to live more fully and share that love we have gained with everyone.  God raised Jesus from the dead and has promised to raise us also.

On this day
1983 - My brother Andy and Alice were living with me and Andy had taken his girls to church and brought them back here after.  I called my brother Mark who was living in Ferndale with a girl, Kim and her son Chris and they came over for dinner as well.  That would have been a perfect Sunday afternoon to me - both my brothers and their families.  I treasure those memories.

1700 - The Pacific Island of New Britain was discovered. I wonder where/what this was?  The real England?  

Ystad Sweden

The Arab traveller Ibn Fadlan described these Vikings as follows:
I have seen the Rus as they came on their merchant journeys and encamped by the Itil. I have never seen more perfect physical specimens, tall as date palms, blond and ruddy; they wear neither tunics nor caftans, but the men wear a garment which covers one side of the body and leaves a hand free. Each man has an axe, a sword, and a knife, and keeps each by him at all times. The swords are broad and grooved, of Frankish sort.[21]  This is listed in the prehistory section.

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!   Happy Birthday Mary!

No comments:

Post a Comment