Monday, April 15, 2019

April 15, 2019 Monday #BeMary#Pastispast#SpanishAmericanwar#200islands

Get Faith
John  "Mary took a pound of costly perfume made of pure nard, anointed Jesus' feet, and wiped them with her hair....."  This was Lazarus and Martha's sister, a family that Jesus spent a lot of time with mentioned in the Gospels.  Mary was devoted to Jesus, she knew who he really was, I am thinking.  She knew that no one else had been on the earth, had done the things he had done and taught the things that He had taught.  She knew he was the Son of God and believed in him.  She hung on His every word.  Be Mary this Holy week.

On this day
1988  I took Nicole with me to the therapist.  Mark and I had  been going to see this marriage counselor and Mark was supposed to continue alone.  This was my last visit with the guy and he told me that in the best interest of my health and my child's welfare I should quit the marriage and cut my losses.  It wasn't something that surprised me, well it did coming from him,  but it was a call to action.  One that I didn't take.  Nicole was going to turn three and I would have lost the relationship I had with Aaron so I decided to stick it out.  It lasted another 5 years.  I realize that this blog goes out to only a few and they will understand this.  I don't hold regret toward Mark, he was a victim as well and in the long run all worked out well for all of us. God is good.

1813 - U.S. troops under James Wilkinson attacked the Spanish-held city of Mobile that would be in the future state of Alabama. I'm not that old but I think I went to school with this guy.

Yemen

Yemen (/ˈjɛmən/ (About this soundlisten)Arabicٱلْيَمَن‎, translit. al-Yaman), officially known as the Republic of Yemen (Arabicٱلْجُمْهُورِيَّة ٱلْيَمَنِيَّة‎, translit. al-Jumhūrīyah al-Yamanīyah), is a country at the southern end of the Arabian Peninsula in Western Asia. Yemen is the second-largest Arab sovereign state in the peninsula, occupying 527,970 square kilometres (203,850 square miles). The coastline stretches for about 2,000 kilometres (1,200 miles).[7] It is bordered by Saudi Arabia to the north, the Red Sea to the west, the Gulf of Aden and Guardafui Channel to the south, and the Arabian Sea and Oman to the east. Yemen's territory includes more than 200 islands.  Not much on Dharma.

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday  to Dan and Carol!

No comments:

Post a Comment