Monday, February 10, 2014

February 10, 2014 Monday ? I lost Sunday?

Did a 20 minute Pilates workout.  Easy way to start the week.  So hard to work off those extra pounds I put on over the holidays.  You too?  Keep at it, I'm trying for the first 5 and going from there.


Psalm 59 -  Reminds us that David was hunted by his enemies and always turned to God for protection.  You can think that David was a favored child of God, he was selected to be a king over Israel and God certainly blessed him, but he was not perfect, same as us.  You are a favored child of God also, remember to go to him when you have trouble. "You are my strength, I sing praise to you, you, God are my fortress, my God on who I can rely."


2008 - I was out at my buddy Fitz's place helping him out.  By this time his macular degeneration had pretty much destroyed his vision.  He hung in there though, didn't want to leave his home or the 30 odd feral cats he kept.  There were 10 - 15 in a lean to shack on the back patio, he had rigged with work lights to keep them warm.  There were another 10 - 15 that he let into the attached garage, because they were having babies (not sure how he knew, but they did)  many babies.  Then there were another unknown amount in the barn, you knew they were there but they never showed themselves to me.  I love cats, fortunately.  There was one on the back patio that appeared to have been in some type of situation, one ear missing and part of his face, tail gone, and multiple wounds.  He was realllll skittish, I couldn't get near him and didn't think he would be there the following week, or at least not a live.  I had an antibiotic in my purse ?  and made a dish of food for him and sprinkled it on.  When I arrived the following week, he was sitting up, didn't look much better but hissed to let me know he was there.  I named him Lazarus.


Parenting - Went out to my step son Aaron's yesterday to see his new daughter, Martina.  She is so beautiful, with a thick head of black silky hair and the most beautiful ears, tiny like rose buds.  Lisa is an excellent Mom, having had the experience of the two boys, Matthew and Anthony.  So glad she got a little girl to dress up in pretty dresses and bows.  She didn't care, as long as it was healthy.  Congratulations to them!  Welcome little Martina!


Book Club - The Nine about the Supreme Court.  Rough reading unless you are a lawyer.  Interesting what I understand.


Wyoming, Jackson Hole:  here is a little more background on the area:

Government[edit]

Jackson is administered by a mayor and town council. The current mayor is Mark Barron.[12]

Education[edit]

Public education in the town of Jackson is provided by Teton County School District #1. Schools serving the town include Jackson Elementary School (grades K-2), Colter Elementary School (grades 3-5), Jackson Hole Middle School (grades 6-8), Jackson Hole High School, Summit High School, the Jackson Hole Community School and the Journeys School.

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment