Saturday, February 15, 2014

February 15, 2014 Saturday

Thank you!  I wouldn't have done kick boxing this morning but it would mean I would have to make an excuse here.  It is suggested that you keep track of your workouts to keep the momentum up.  You are my momentum, I exercised so I don't have to think up a lame excuse.


Psalm 139 - This is a great reading to feel restored, to know that God is with you and will keep you in his care.  The study writer made a good point, that if your car is damaged, if you break a plate or anything else, you can replace it but not repair it fully.  God has created the human body to repair itself, from disease or damage or illness.  That we are "fearfully and wonderfully made". 


2002 - On this day, Jay made perch for lunch.  I worked at that place for 19 + years and Jay is one of the reasons why.  He loved to cook, and in the winter when there wasn't a lot to do at an Excavating/trucking company, he made lunch.  It was a work of art, a well thought out presentation in a cement block garage.  The guys would plan on being back from a run, or stopping what they were doing if it was announced on the two way that Jay was cooking.  I usually got to make the coleslaw and set up the plates etc.  He retired to a condo in Colorado to be closer to his grandsons and I heard he set up a kitchen in his garage.  I'm sure his neighbors are happy!  They probably all go over for lunch, if they are smart.


Parenting - Now that was a grandpa that loved his 3 grandsons.  He went to all of their skating/hockey games, even if, when they were older and they were across the country.  They all rode in the dozer or whatever equipment he was on from the time they were tykes.  Good thing OSHA never found out, but it sure never hurt those boys.  If they were sick, Jay brought them to my office for the day.  I had truck coloring books and rubber band games that we played.  Pleasant memories.


Book club - The Nine, slow but a little interesting.


Wyoming, Jackson Hole - How does this sound for today?

Scenic Byways & Backways

No comments:

Post a Comment