Friday, February 21, 2014


February 21, 2014  Friday   Heritage Day  (?)


Kick boxing with Bobby - He said "hope you sweat, I sweat too!"  I did a little.  Anyway my fitbit said that a 1/2 hour of kickboxing burned 654 calories.  WOW.  I'm just happy with balancing on one leg.


Mark chapter 3 - Talks about Jesus healing on the Sabbath.  They used it against him, imagine.  I will bet they would have thought different if it was them or someone they loved.  Jesus healed to bring people to a higher understanding of why he was there.  He then passed along the gift of healing to his disciples so that people would listen to them tell the story of Jesus.  The study writer today mentioned a group of snowboarders in Colorado that use their sport to share the word of the Lord. 


1997 - On this day, I dropped Nicole off at church for the 30 hour famine.  They fast for 30 hours.  I did this with the youth group for numerous years, but, this one I dropped her off and Mom and I went to Appleby's for dinner.  :)
1965 - I thought I might add some other interesting history:
In New York City, Malcolm X, an African American nationalist and religious leader, is assassinated by rival Black Muslims while addressing his Organization of Afro-American Unity at the Audubon Ballroom in Washington Heights.  I remember this, but never thought about how it was another black group that killed him.  Sometimes we are our own worst enemy, right?


Parenting - People have children for a host of reasons, don't you think?  Ideally, to start a family based in love to grow a life in faith and to enjoy life with.  OR, in the past, for farm hands, more government money, to lock in a relationship or by accident.  I don't know what the percentages are, I guess I'd rather not know. 


Book club - The Nine - yawn.  you might like it and it is tied into the parenting or not parenting.


Jackson Hole Wyoming -  I'm all about this for tonight!
.

Brew Pubs

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment