Wednesday, February 5, 2014

February 5, 2014 Wednesday

I did Pilates with the ring.  There are so many different ways to exercise, you really need to find what works for you.  Walking is the best from what you hear now.  If you do want to find a video for days like today when you would rather not go out,  try an online site called Gaiam for yoga and pilates and much more.  There are all ranges and abilities.  Just a suggestion.  I also see snow removal on my near agenda.


1 John chapter 3 - God knows everything about you, and forgives you through his son Jesus Christ.  Now you just need to forgive yourself.  It is a burden to go through life regretting something in your past.  I think, we all have them.  I believe God forgives me, still answering to myself.


1983 - On this day, I flew to Florida for a vacation.  I stayed with my cousin Peggy a few days and with her parents, my Aunt Margaret and Uncle Don.  The weather was so/so, I went to the beach and got sand blasted one day, but it was a memorable visit.  My Aunt and Uncle took me to all their favorite cafeterias for lunch and my uncle regaled me with stories of my dad.  Dad had died at age 40 when I was only 13, so, it was nice to hear from his brother, what a great guy he was.  My aunt and uncle and cousin Peggy are gone, but this is a nice memory of a week spent with them, in a mostly warm place.  Take a vacation!  Call someone you haven't talked to in a while!


Parenting - I take from the lack of response that you have as many motivational tools for offspring as I have.  Rewards stop working after age 18 I think.


Book club - finished My Antonia.  It was our classic read, I enjoyed it, a little slow, but relaxing.


Wyoming - Jackson Hole, Hey they do sleigh rides!  For those of us in Michigan we don't have to go that far this year;

Settlements[edit]

The only incorporated town in the valley is Jackson, sometimes also mistakenly called Jackson Hole itself. Other communities in the valley include Wilson, Teton Village, Moran Junction, Hoback, Moose (Moose Wilson Road), and Kelly. On the west side of the valley, Teton Pass crosses the Teton Range providing access to Victor and Driggs in eastern Idaho and Alta, Wyoming on the western side of the Tetons. Numerous elk use the valley as grazing range during the winter, and sleigh rides are offered to tourists. The Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Snow King and Grand Targhee Resort ski areas, and nearby Grand Teton and Yellowstone national parks are major tourist attractions throughout all seasons of the year.

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment