Tuesday, April 15, 2014

April 15, 2014 Tuesday! Tax Day

Early morning run to airport.  Nicole off to Florida for a couple of days.  Who knew there would be 3" of snow today to make the roads icy and traffic bad?  Then the plane is still sitting there after 2 hours, getting deiced.  Everyday is a gift.


Psalm 19 - After praying all morning on the road and now for the plane, the last line here sticks with me "May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight,  Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer."


On this day:
1817 - The first American school for the deaf was opened in Hartford, CT.
1990 - It was Easter and after serving a big pancake breakfast at church, we went to the Red Run Golf Club for Easter dinner with my husband's family.  Not sure how I got my husband and son to go along, but we were all in yellow, well, their shirts were yellow.  It was a beautiful day, in the 70's or 80's even and we walked the paths outside enjoying the day.  Did not get a picture of us in our yellow outfits though.  Nice memory, considering the weather we have today. 


Parenting - I will be so happy when my daughter feels better, so I can feel better.  You know how that is right?


Book club - Isadore's Secret by Mardi Link  Great true mystery from Michigan!


Yo Chen Belize -

Early history[edit]


Extent of the Maya civilization
The Maya civilization emerged at least three millennia ago in the lowland area of the Yucatán Peninsula and the highlands to the south, in what is now southeastern Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, and western Honduras. Many aspects of this culture persist in the area despite nearly 500 years of European domination. Prior to about 2500 BCE, some hunting and foraging bands settled in small farming villages; they later domesticated crops such as corn, beans, squash, and chili peppers.
A profusion of languages and subcultures developed within the Maya core culture. Between about 2500 BCE and 250 CE, the basic institutions of Maya civilization emerged. The peak of this civilization occurred during the classic period, which began about 250 CE.[13]


Enjoy the Day!  Make it Memorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment