Sunday, April 27, 2014

April 27, 2014 Sunday

1 Corinthians chapter 13:  the wedding passage, "Love is Patient, love is kind"......."Love never fails."




On this day:
1938 - Geraldine Apponyi married King Zog of Albania. She was the first American woman to become a queen. Who knew? 
1986 - One of the reasons I journal and blog is to remember important events in my family and friends lives.  This day was the day my step-son Aaron took his first communion.  It was out at St Mary's Catholic church.  Milestones in our children's lives.  This is a deep religious commitment to love.


Parenting:  Has love changed?  What do you teach your children about love?  Are they going to learn from your experience or movies or television?  Just wondering.


Book Club - Mornings on Horseback by David McCullough.  It is interesting to read about a very wealthy family that turned out Theodore Roosevelt, it is about his family history.  Getting into it.


Yo Chen Belize:
Belizean Food

By Dreddi
Edited by Karla Heusner
Yes, I admit it. I love food! But not just any food--Belizean food.
When I was away studying, I used to miss our local dishes so much I would call my mom for recipes. Since I was learning to cook at the time, she would have to walk me through the steps. The long distance calls became pretty costly and of course, my attempts never came out as good as hers at home, mostly because I lacked ingredients like recado, an essential seasoning, or coconut milk. And pepper, Belizeans just love peppers and hot (pepper) sauce: habanero's and jalapenos, the hotter the better!
But now that I am home, away from the cries of friends obsessed with their weight and starvation fads, I can leave denial behind and "nyam" my Belizean food.
How I used to miss those sizzling fry jacks smeared with beans for breakfast. Or hot Johnny cakes, those flat round fluffy biscuits cut open and covered with melted butter! Or maybe filled with ham and cheese slices.
I can make these myself now, but if I don't have time for breakfast at home, there are lots of choices on the streets. Taco vendors are at almost every corner offering corn or flour tortillas, with shredded chicken, onions, cabbage and cilantro.


Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment