Wednesday, March 15, 2017

March 15, 2017 Wednesday #keeptrying#LectioDivina#cook#Europeanstruggle!

Get Fit
I feel your pain.  If you have been away from your regular workouts it is hard to get back in the mix.  I keep trying to get back and have been defeating myself.  I have been trying the daily dozen that my physical trainer gave me.  I can accomplish most of them for some of the time.  I cannot yet plank or do downward facing dog.  I have to get back, I'm really sad about this.

Get Faith
I am trying something called Scriptural Meditation - Lectio Divina.  My verse today was Matthew 11:28-30.  Very appropriate for where I am right now. "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy my burden light."  As the practice requires I will read and meditate on this a number of times till I feel and know it.  Try it

On this day
2001 - I made soup and baked bread to take to the shop for the guy's lunch the next day.  I did that for a long time for both companies I worked for and even last summer for the seasonal business I worked for.  I guess I am a feeder.  I quit cooking for Clancy's when the guy's started complaining that my food wasn't spicy enough or that they could do better and then they did.  And I just ate, but never complained.  I'm not stupid.

1901 - German Chancellor von Bulow declared that an agreement between Russia and China over Manchuria would violate the Anglo-German accord of October 1900. These two powers have a long history of agreeing and disagreeing with each other.  Power struggle, as usual.

Belarus
The parliament of the republic declared the sovereignty of Belarus on 27 July 1990, and during the dissolution of the Soviet Union, Belarus declared independence on 25 August 1991.[17] Alexander Lukashenko has served as the country's president since 1994. Belarus has been labeled "Europe's last dictatorship" by some Western journalists,[18][19] on account of Lukashenko's self-described authoritarian style of government.[20][21][22] Lukashenko continued a number of Soviet-era policies, such as state ownership of large sections of the economy. Elections under Lukashenko's rule have been widely criticized as unfair by the international community; and according to many countries and organizations, political opposition has been violently suppressed.[23][24][25] Belarus's Democracy Index rating was the lowest in Europe until 2014 (when it was passed by Russia), the country is labelled as "not free" by Freedom House, as "repressed" in the Index of Economic Freedom, and is rated as by far the worst country for press freedom in Europe in the 2013–14 Press Freedom Index published by Reporters Without Borders, which ranks Belarus 157th out of 180 nations.[26]  This is a very young country that declared its independence in 1991.  It did not how
ever become independent as it had a President Lukashenko who appeared to be more of 
a dictator.  This info ^ is not very promising.

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday Lloyd! 

No comments:

Post a Comment