Saturday, March 18, 2017

March 18, 2017 Saturday #Yoga!!!#Shepherd#Sibs#EasterEaster!

Get Fit
Get relaxed!  AM Yoga, and I made it through downward dog.  Still working that back muscle on the right side after the surgery.  It is coming!

Get Faith
Luke 15:4-6  "Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them.  Does he not.. go after the lost sheep until he finds it?  And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home."  The study writer shared a poem and I especially like this line:
     "And all through the mountains, thunder-riven and up from the rocky steep,
      There arose a glad cry to the gate of heaven, "Rejoice! I have found My sheep!""

      I visited a lady from church I know, on Thursday, she was good friends with my mom and was now in hospice.  At first I thought she would not know I was there but then as I spoke I noticed she responded by holding her breath when I spoke or moved her jaw a little when I said the Lord's Prayer with her.  I held her hand which was ice cold and after praying and talking with her for a while I noticed her hand and arm had warmed up.  I urged her to pass on to a better place to be with Jesus and those she loved that had gone ahead.   I heard the next day that she did join those loved sheep that have returned to the shepherd.  RIP Irma.

On this day
2005  Seems like yesterday and yet so long ago.  Nicole was at Albion and it was sib's weekend.  So, Rachelle went and spent the weekend with Nicole.  I don't imagine the larger universities do that but I'm sure the other smaller colleges do.  They had a great time.  Now Rachelle is getting married this year and life goes on.

0037 - The Roman Senate annuls Tiberius’ will and proclaims Caligula emperor. This might be history repeating itself.  Rejecting  a leader for another.

Belarus
In 2000 Belarus and Russia signed a treaty for greater cooperation, with some hints of forming a Union State. Over 70% of Belarus's population of 9.49 million resides in urban areas. More than 80% of the population is ethnic Belarusian, with sizable minorities of RussiansPoles and Ukrainians. Since a referendum in 1995, the country has had two official languages: Belarusian and Russian. The Constitution of Belarus does not declare any official religion, although the primary religion in the country is Eastern Orthodox Christianity. The second most widespread religion, Roman Catholicism, has a much smaller following; nevertheless, Belarus celebrates both Orthodox and Catholic versions of Christmas and Easter as national holidays.[25] Belarus is the only European country to retain capital punishment in both law and practice.[26]  Two  things stand out here for me.  First I like the idea
of celebrating Christmas and Easter twice.  The other is, how can a country declare itself 
Christian and still live under the law of capital punishment?  You can let me know your answer
on this.

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday Beth!

No comments:

Post a Comment