Tuesday, March 21, 2017

March 21, 2017 Tuesday #extrawork#introspection#myface!#Baltic/Slavic

Get Fit
Started my day with Abs of Steel (always a laugh).  Did not realize I would have to be walking to the river to bring water into my home to flush the toilet all day.  Well, ok  I'm just going to my neighbors yard and getting it from her outside tap.  shhhhh

Get Faith
Romans 12:2  "Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but be a new and different person with a fresh newness in all you do and think.  Then you will learn from your own experience how his ways will really satisfy you."  It is hard to live a Christian life in this world.  I have been called Goody Two Shoes, I go by GTS at laser tag.  I have been called the church lady, ok I don't mind that either.  Lutheran num, now that is really testing the truth.  I live in this world and am a sinner, like everyone else. I try to keep my heart and mind in a right place because it makes me happier.  If you are often dissatisfied with the world and everyone around you, maybe, you should look at your heart.

The second petition.  "Your kingdom come"  His kingdom is among us and we should lead lives of goodwill toward everyone.  That ties in with the above verse - put others before yourself and you will have God's kingdom.  It isn't a popular thought in this "take care of yourself first world."

On this day
2010  Something you never want to hear when your child is up skiing/snowboarding.  "Mom, I just want to warn you I had a bad accident up here."  She looked like a mummy.  They had bandaged her face it looked so bad.  She assured me it wasn't from snowboarding but sledding.  Picture available on request.

1556 - Thomas Cranmer, the Archbishop of Canterbury, was burned at the stake at Oxford after retracting the last of seven recantations that same day. Wait!, they still burned him after he recanted?

Belarus

Early history[edit]

From 5000 to 2000 BC, Bandkeramik cultures predominated. In addition, remains from the Dnieper-Donets culture were found in Belarus and parts of Ukraine.[47] Cimmerians and other pastoralists roamed through the area by 1,000 BC, and by 500 AD, Slavs had taken up residence, which was circumscribed by the Scythians who roamed its outskirts. Invaders from Asia, among whom were the Huns and Avars, swept through c. 400–600 AD, but were unable to dislodge the Slavic presence.[48]
The region that is now Belarus was first settled by Baltic tribes in the 3rd century. Around the 5th century, the area was taken over by Slavic tribes. The takeover was partially due to the lack of military coordination of the Balts but the gradual assimilation of the Balts into Slavic culture was peaceful in nature.[49  

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy birthday to John and Red!

No comments:

Post a Comment