Thursday, November 6, 2014

November 6, 2014 Thursday

Ballet is a lot of work, try to hold you one leg up horizontal to your body, then bend at the knee, still holding the thigh parallel and do circles with the dangling leg, without moving the rest of your body. You can hold onto a bar or chair for support.  Good luck.


Job chapter 39 -" I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made".  We are created in His image and in charge of all of his creation on earth.  How are we doing?


On this day:
1990 - I was Superintendent of the Sunday School, taught sunday school and was the Outreach Director at our church.  It was a small congregation with all the typical problems of any organization.  There were jobs to be done and no one wanted to do them.  The treasurer for the church could no longer do the job and the Pastor called me to take it on.  He pleaded with me.  For a Missouri Synod Lutheran church I had a lot of key position jobs.  But I still couldn't vote on council, just the elders did that, but I had a lot of pull with those elders as well.  Have you been railroaded into jobs you didn't want?  Sometime their is a hidden agenda in what we do.


1989 - In the hopes of freeing U.S. hostages held in Iran, the U.S. announced that it would unfreeze $567 million in Iranian assets that had been held since 1979. What is the life of an American worth?


Parenting - My cousin Cathy sent me some blips from old OLD videos.  I might have been 2 and 4 and the last one 6 or so.  It is amazing to see, especially my grandparents and dad who are long gone.  What a thrill.


Farquhar:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XNThCKdirm0


This is an 8 minute video of a French guy fishing in beautiful clear water with background music.
Hey maybe you will like it.


Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday Pete!  rip

No comments:

Post a Comment