Saturday, November 8, 2014

November 8, 2014 Saturday

Just a little Yoga with Michelle today.  A lot of downward facing dog and warrior.  It's good.  Get you some!


Hebrews chapter 5 - Jesus the Great High Priest and not falling away.  We can get lazy about continuing our study of the Bible.  It tells you here to not be a baby and just drink the milk, but get your teeth into some serious Bible Study.  Grow your faith. I need to step it up too.


On this day:
1993 -  Mrs Keene, Nicole's teacher asked me to come to school.  Nicole was never a problem so I was concerned what she had to say.  She gave me her report card, which had all A's and 1 B, and told me Nicole was a perfect student.  I had shared earlier with her that Nicole's dad and I had split up and that he had moved away so that if she noticed any behavior problems she would let me know.  She told me she was quiet but didn't know if that was typical or a result of the change in home life.  I so appreciated her concern.


1993 - Five Picasso paintings and other artwork were stolen from the Museum of Modern Art in Stockholm, Sweden. The works were valued at $52 million.  Wonder if they were recovered.


Parenting - Nicole had a lot of good teachers, all of them actually.  I don't remember any that she really didn't like.  Mrs Keene had a reputation and some of Nicole's friends parents requested other teachers that year.  I think children need to accustom themselves to different people and situations so that they can deal with the multitude of differences they will run into in life.  Mrs Keene was a neat freak,  blow your nose and wash your hands, kind of person.  I didn't see a problem with that.


Book - I'm getting excited as I see the direction I want to go in here.  It may never sell, but at least I will accomplish this.


Farquhar Group -  Ok, so imagine being on a deserted island and eating fish for a month.
Go to The Amazing Seychelles on youtube.  Now there is a place in the group that looks like a great vacation spot!  I'll go!


Enjoy the Day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday to Chris and Robyn!

No comments:

Post a Comment