Thursday, August 13, 2015

August 13, 2015 Thursday #dance#prayer#friends#Valuables#Amsterdam

Get Fit
Aerobics.  I can't run, but I can dance!  Do what you can but do something!


Get Faith
James 5:16  " Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed.  The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. "  Admitting our sins or errors is the hard part.  Having someone you can confide in is paramount.  I have many friends that I believe are powerful prayers so when they say they will pray for me - I know I am well covered.  I hope they feel the same about my prayers for them.


On this day:
1992 - My husband Mark had taken the boat store demo, which was a 36' Four Winns.  It was a beauty and my father in law was a gem to let us use it.  The kids thought it was theirs.  On this day Mark had taken the boat to Metro and we spent the weekend on it with friends in their boats all around us.  There was a race on Lake St Clair on Sunday,  What a great memory.   In the evening Mark and I went to Bobby Moore's Race Rock restaurant on Groesbeck, a short lived boat racing memorabilia bar, for race meetings.  I believe the Logan's watched the kids for us - they were great friends.


1992 - Woody Allen began legal action to win custody of his three children. A judge ruled against Allen in 1993.  He wasn't having as much fun as we were.


Parenting
Although Aaron was 14 and Nicole 7, old enough to be left alone we seldom did.  There was always plenty of good family and friends for them to spend time with if we went out.  Maybe we were overprotective, but how are you with valuables?  Do you leave them out in public for someone to steal or abuse? 


Come Get These Memories of the Sixties
I had developed a noticeable attitude when not around her and had a dark side I don’t think she knew about.  I started picking friends from the “greaser” crowd, rather than the girls that would be picked for a sorority in high school.  There were far more boys in my circle than girls.
Netherlands Holland - Amsterdam
What makes Amsterdam so attractive is the 17th century historical atmosphere combined with the mentality of a modern metropolis creating a friendly and relaxed environment. The small scale of the buildings and the intimacy of the streets, canals and squares create an atmosphere that visitors find unique.
The city has the highest museum density in the world and is home to cultural highlights, such as the Van Gogh Museum, Anne Frank House, Hermitage Amsterdam and the Rijksmuseum with Rembrandt’s world-famous Nightwatch. Other well known places of interest in Amsterdam are the Palace on the Dam, the Artis Zoo, Jewish Historical Museum and the Rembrandt House.
Take a canal tour of Amsterdam and discover the historical canal district which was added to the UNESCO World Heritage List in 2011. The best way to get around Amsterdam is on a bike. You won’t become any more local than by cycling around Amsterdam.   Wish we had more time here next week.

Enjoy the Day!  Make it Memorable!  Happy Birthday Nathaniel!




No comments:

Post a Comment