Sunday, August 2, 2015

August 2, 2015 Sunday #hope#boating#emptynesters#Netherlands

Get Fit
Go for that walk take the dog! Don't have one?  Take the neighbor's dog!


Get Faith
The sermon today was when Jesus told the disciples that he was the bread of life.  The story was preceded by the reading from Exodus where God sent the manna from heaven to feed the Israelites in the desert.  The manna was survival for life here - Jesus is the life for eternity.  We had communion this morning.  Jesus is the bread of life.  Hope.


On this day
1975 - Life was good - Pete and I went out on the boat to Little Muscamoot Bay.  Pat, Pam, Pat's dad and Molly all came out on their boat.  We had a great day in the water and finished up with dinner at Brown's.   I love Lake St Clair and have fond memories of those days.


1776 - Members of the Continental Congress began adding their signatures to the Declaration of Independence. I wonder what they would say about the world today. 


Parenting
Two of my friends told me yesterday, they are selling their big homes in Grosse Pointe and moving into smaller places.  The kids are gone and their is no reason to keep the homes they are in.  The kids as you can imagine are not happy.  Those are the homes they were raised in, full of memories.  I bought my home 38 years ago with retirement in mind, apparently.  lucky you Nicole.


Come Get These Memories of the Sixties


     The best way to think about all that at 14, was to not think about it.  There was plenty to distract you from the news about wars and outer space if you weren’t interested. 
Netherlands Holland
... home netherlands travel guide map clickable map of the netherlands
I'm learning a lot about this country.  I'm sure we flew into Amsterdam as I will be later this month in actuality. 

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment