Tuesday, April 26, 2016

April 26, 2016 Tuesday #weights#generations#exercycle#friends#museum!

Get Fit
Trying a weight work out today.  I was looking at a site that talked about pumping up your metabolism.  Something to think about, check it out - stay motivated!

Get Faith
Luke 1:26-56  This is the story of Mary finding out she is pregnant with the promised saviour and going to her cousin Elizabeth to share the news.  Both women were pregnant, although there was a huge age difference they were "sisters across the generations" in their experience.  Who have you had an experience with that has impacted your life?  We all have someone.

On this day
2008 - I was up in Marine City taking care of my blind friend, Bob on weekends.  I have been exercising for my entire life so when I found an exercycle in his basement I dragged it out and used it.  It was a break from my usual routine and he was thrilled I was using it.  Little pleasures.  Change it up once in a while.

1931 - New York Yankee Lou Gehrig hit a home run but was called out for passing a runner. I thought this only happened in the cartoons.

Parenting
It is a wonderful thing to have friends to face unknown futures.  The women around my Bible Study group last night are all pretty much in the same place.  We are all retired, near retired or trying to work on into retirement.  Some of us have children, some have grandchildren and some do not have any offspring.  Some are married but most are widowed or divorced.  We share a common faith and we quite a bit of history together.  Ruth was my mom's friend and she is 94, and still drives a way to church.  God gives us a reason to celebrate life together and I thank Him for that.

Prince Albert Canada
5 of 5 starsReviewed yesterdayNEW

This Museum is located in the downtown area of Prince Albert in an old Fire Hall. The museum in very well organized and the signage is easy to read. Something for everyone. After you are finished browsing you can go to the top floor and have a beverage, etc. and even sit out on the back deck over looking the...More    Lets check this out today!
Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday Shelley!  

No comments:

Post a Comment