Tuesday, October 11, 2016

October 11, 2016 Tuesday #chosewisely#Rend#Autumnjoy#EggsBenedict#melding

Get Fit
I started today with some ballet.  Honestly, I'm not getting better at it and am very happy it is not in a studio setting.  My blinds are closed in the living room until I'm done.  The pelee's kill me, when did my knees get so angry at me?  You find something to do too, maybe make better choices.

Get Faith
Joel 2:12-17  Rend your heart.  Confess to your crimes/sins and repent/return to the Lord. vs 13 "Return to the Lord your God, for he is gracious and compassionate,slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity." It goes on to say that we should rejoice because our father in heaven loves a good party when we are happy and free of the oppression of sin!

On this day
2013  Was a beautiful fall day, so after Nicole and I went to church I dropped her off at the golf course where Don was waiting.  I went home and made chili (a fall favorite) and cupcakes.  When they got here we had dinner and a nice day of watching sports.

1776 - During the American Revolution the first naval battle of Lake Champlain was fought. The forces under Gen. Benedict Arnold suffered heavy losses. This has a name I remember.  eek. Reminds me of breakfast.

Suriname
In 1683, the Society of Suriname was founded by the city of Amsterdam, the Van Aerssen van Sommelsdijck family, and the Dutch West India Company. The society was chartered to manage and defend the colony. The planters of the colony relied heavily on African slaves to cultivate, harvest and process the commodity crops of coffee, cocoa, sugar cane and cotton plantations along the rivers. Planters' treatment of the slaves was notoriously bad,[9] and many slaves escaped the plantations.
With the help of the native South Americans living in the adjoining rain forests, these runaway slaves established a new and unique culture in the interior that was highly successful in its own right. They were known collectively in English as Maroons, in French as Nèg'Marrons (literally meaning "brown negroes", that is "pale-skinned negroes"), and in Dutch as Marrons. The Maroons gradually developed several independent tribes through a process of ethnogenesis, as they were made up of slaves from different African ethnicities. These tribes include theSaramaka, Paramaka, Ndyuka or Aukan, KwintiAluku or Boni, and Matawai.  I have not heard a lot about this happening here, have you? and I wonder why not.  I'm referring to the slaves and the American Indian tribes.

Enjoy the day!  Make it Memorable!  Happy Birthday to Jan, Marilyn and Keith!

No comments:

Post a Comment