Saturday, October 15, 2016

October 15, 2016 Saturday #Walk!#CallGod#70's#takemeaway!#slaveryvsslavery.

Get Fit
Beautiful fall day - I dressed for success!   Going on a nice walk, checking out the neighborhood.

Get Faith
Psalm 86 1-13  vs 7 "I call to you, because you answer me."  Why would you call someone who never answered you?  Our God is available at all times.  Vs 13 "For great is your love toward me:"  I testify to that love, to the knowledge that whoever you think I am - God knows my heart and loves me.  You can feel the same way. Spend some time with him in prayer.

On this day
1973 - This is the first entry I ever made in my journal about Pete.  I met him in July of this year and spent most of the 70's with him.  On this day it said he started a new job at AAA Performance Tool.  He had that great salesman type personality!  More on him in my upcoming book on the 70's.

1815 - Napoleon Bonaparte began his exile on the remote island of St. Helena in the Atlantic Ocean. Are you like me?  Does this sound like heaven occasionally?  Maybe till the election is over?

Suriname
As a plantation colony, Suriname had an economy dependent on labour-intensive commodity crops. To make up for a shortage of labour, the Dutch recruited and transported contract or indentured labourers from the Dutch East Indies (modern Indonesia) and India (the latter through an arrangement with the British, who then ruled the area). In addition, during the late 19th and early 20th centuries, small numbers of labourers, mostly men, were recruited from China and the Middle East.
Although Suriname's population remains relatively small, because of this complex labour history, it is one of the most ethnically and culturally diverse countries in the world.[12][13]   So the difference between slavery and Indentured is a small amount of pay and the
willingness of the worker to be there. I believe some were actually indentured to pay off debts.

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  

No comments:

Post a Comment