Monday, February 26, 2018

February 26, 2018 Monday #Staystrong!#keepyoureyeonthprize#historyrepeats#beautifulPoland!

Get Fit
Pilates today.  I think an important way to combat depression is to move - exercise.  What do you think?

Get Faith
Philippians 3:13 -14  "One thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."  I do consider the past everyday.  I like to remember my loved ones that are gone and the times I have shared with them.  Unfortunately this means I often remember the bad as well.  But as  this reading says - I try to "press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."  It is the more important thing and what keeps me focused and positive in life.  Reminds me of the camp song "keep your eye on the prize!"

On this day
1985  There are times when some things are good and others, not so much.  On this day in 1985, Andy and Alice were still at my house, they had gone out the night before to Bobbie Moore's to celebrate their one year anniversary.  They were waiting to move into their own home.  I was expecting Nicole in May.  But, my brother Mark was up north and taken to the hospital.  He was living with Mom and was suffering all the ill effects of his juvenile diabetes.  This year Andy is in the hospital.  Deja vue.  Thirty three years later - same but different.

1863 - U.S. President Lincoln signed the National Currency Act. 

Act that imposed federal regulation on banks, the first such control since the dissolution of the Second Bank of the United States in 1837.  Just so you  know!

Poland
I think on these last few days here it is important to remember what struggles this centrally located country has gone through and how they have responded and kept their culture and faith alive.  It is a beautiful country!




Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday to Keyanna!

No comments:

Post a Comment