Monday, February 5, 2018

February 5, 2018 Monday#Superbowlhangover#belongtoGod#Thankamechanic#awakening!

Get Fit
These days after super bowl are killers.  I ate way too many snacks - carbs and salt, subs with mostly meat and cheese and little lettuce and of course a couple beers.  I was up late too, which all gives me excuses why I couldn't hold up well with Jillian this morning - should have picked a relaxing yoga to do.  Oh well,  I loved the game it was great, I loved that the Eagles beat the Patriots - not for any reason, just because they were the underdog.  It was worth "doing" the super bowl thing for!

Get Faith
Romans 12:1-2  "Offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - this is your spiritual act of worship.  Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.  Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is."  This is easier  to do at my age then when I was young.  These days it is easier for me to use my body and strength to feed the homeless, serve in prayer groups or be available when people need help.  I love to be in service now.  The world is no longer interested in my opinion - the world belongs to the young.  Now I can read scripture and pray and no one questions my lifestyle anymore.  There are perks to getting old.

On this day
2001  Nicole and Laura had to be at school at 7:15 am.  It doesn't say, but I most likely drove them and found out my steering was going on my car.  I drove to Mom's apartment and took her car to work and left mine in her parking lot.  The Boss and Jim E went and got my car and brought it to the shop to fix.  I feel like I complain a lot about them but, they did do a lot for me as well.  We got the cars all back and I went to Nicole's volleyball game.  I also found out that my neighbor Jean was in the hospital due to a fall.  It is important to remember her, she never had guests or family around, I feel like no one remembers her.

2001 - It was announced the Kelly Ripa would be Regis Philbin's cohost. The show was renamed to "Live! With Regis and Kelly." 

2001 - Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman announced their separation.   These two items were on the world news for this day.  Really!?  I can't believe that nothing IMPORTANT  happened that day.

Poland
Following the Partitions of Poland at the end of the 18th century, Poland regained its independence in 1918 with the Treaty of Versailles. In September 1939, World War II started with the invasion of Poland by Nazi Germany, followed by the Soviet Union invading Poland in accordance with the Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact. More than six million Poles died in the war.[14][15] After World War II, the Polish People's Republic was established as a satellite state under Soviet influence.[16] In the aftermath of the Revolutions of 1989, most notably through the emergence of the Solidarity movement, Poland reestablished itself as a democratic republic. A am getting a better understanding of why both of my maternal grandparents birthplace as listed as Poland but, they went on record as German.  My mother was born in Germany, but seldom remarked about her Polish heritage.  Politics.

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday to Michelle and Dave S!

No comments:

Post a Comment