Friday, February 2, 2018

February 1, 2018 Thursday#Walk#distress#tobaggoning#Poland!

Get Fit
Went to church and walked the gym for 1/2 an hour before Bible study.  When I get dizzy I turn around and go the other way.  It is so much better outside - but take heart!  Today is the first of February (like it's going to warm up soon.).  C'mon!  stay motivated!!

Get Faith
Psalm 5:1-3  "Give ear to my words.  O Lord, consider my meditation.  Give heed to the voice of my cry, my King and my God, for to You I will pray.  My voice You shall hear in the morning, O Lord, in the morning I will direct it to You, and I will look up."  These are the words of someone praying that is in distress, maybe David when Saul was chasing him to kill him.  It is that type of urgency and a cry of help in earnest - looking up to the heavens.  Have you had a day like that?  Something horrible has happened and you don't know where to turn?  Let the Lord hear your voice, look up to Him in your times of trouble and sorrow.  In the days of David thousands of years ago, before Christ, there were always "those" days, and always people who knew the only source of their comfort - God.  He is still with us.

On this day
1997  We were up in Michiluca at Winter camp.  The night before it took us 5 1/2 hours to get up to Fairview where the camp was.  The roads were all ice.  This day the weather was better, actually perfect, with lots of snow for sledding and hiking through the woods.  Some of the group took off to Gaylord to ski but there were plenty of us left to go down the toboggan hill.  Wished I hadn't, came down on my tailbone and gimped around the rest of the weekend.  Nicole, Patty and Pastor and I took a nice hike through the woods and enjoyed the peace of a beautiful snowy quiet day.  Our evenings were always a riotous night of Uno.  Great memory.

1788 - Isaac Briggs and William Longstreet patented the steamboat. I feel like this was a short lived invention.  I know there are still some around but, I wonder if they made any money off of it?

We have moved from Jonkoping to Krakow Poland!  
KrakówKraków

Kraków (Polish pronunciation: [ˈkrakuf] About this sound listen ), also Cracow or Krakow (UK: /ˈkrækɒv/US: /ˈkrɑːk/),[2][3] is the second largest and one of the oldest cities in Poland. Situated on the Vistula River (PolishWisła) in the Lesser Poland (PolishMałopolska) region, the city dates back to the 7th century.[4] Kraków has traditionally been one of the leading centres of Polish academic, cultural, and artistic life and is one of Poland's most important economic hubs. It was the capital of the Crown of the Kingdom of Poland from 1038 to 1569; the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth from 1569 to 1795;[5] the Free City of Kraków from 1815 to 1846; the Grand Duchy of Cracow from 1846 to 1918; and Kraków Voivodeship from the 14th century to 1998. It has been the capital of Lesser Poland Voivodeship since 1999.  Enjoy!!

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday Christine and Donna!

No comments:

Post a Comment