Wednesday, June 12, 2019

June 12, 2019 Wednesday#WeneedGod#Petopossum#KingofNaples#KingWangchuck

Get Faith
Acts chapter 7 "Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool.  What kind of house will you build for me? says the Lord, or what is the place of my rest?  did not my hand make all these things?
Solomon built a huge beautiful temple to God and we build our churches.  We can't build a church big enough for God, he resides in our hearts.  We do need our churches though, from small to large, to gather to learn and praise God, to enjoy and strengthen each other in our faith.  We need Sunday school for our children to learn the stories of the Bible from thousands of years ago, we need choirs to sing praise to God and we need Pastors to lead us in our faith and discipleship.  God doesn't need us - we need Him.

On this day
2014  My life had changed, I retired - and I liked it, I still do but there is that problem of money.  This year, 2014 though I was still good.  But there were those extra costs like critters.  I have over the years hosted a number of wild animals under my house and this day I had trapped a small raccoon.  I took a picture of the little guy before the Critter Control guy picked him up.  He assured me he would be taken to an idyllic place to live out his life.  I'm considering building a little house back there for an opossum to live considering they have had such a bad rap and yet do so much good in our yards.  What do you think?

1442 - Alfonso V of Aragon was crowned King of Naples. I had no idea they had kings in Florida back then.

Bhutan

Political reform and modernization[edit]

Bhutan's political system has recently changed from an absolute monarchy to a constitutional monarchy. King Jigme Singye Wangchuck transferred most of his administrative powers to the Council of Cabinet Ministers and allowed for impeachment of the King by a two-thirds majority of the National Assembly.[37]
In 1999, the government lifted a ban on television and the Internet, making Bhutan one of the last countries to introduce television. In his speech, the King said that television was a critical step to the modernization of Bhutan as well as a major contributor to the country's gross national happiness,[38] but warned that the "misuse" of this new technology could erode traditional Bhutanese values.[39]
A new constitution was presented in early 2005. In December 2005, King Jigme Singye Wangchuck announced that he would abdicate the throne in his son's favour in 2008. On 14 December 2006, he announced that he would be abdicating immediately. This was followed by the first national parliamentary elections in December 2007 and March 2008.
On 6 November 2008, 28-year-old Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck, eldest son of King Jigme Singye Wangchuck, was crowned King.[40]
I feel like this was a wise king that has made his country a better place.  Long live the king!

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday Ty W!

No comments:

Post a Comment