Thursday, June 13, 2019

June 13, 2019 Thursday #don'tmissit!#Keepon#IceCream#Swiftrivers!

Get Faith
Acts chapter 7  "You stiff-necked people, uncircumcised in heart and ears, you are forever opposing the Holy Spirit, just as your ancestors used to do."  Stephen the disciple is speaking mostly to the people of Israel that had not listened to God in their past and now when the Messiah that was promised to them came - they crucified him.  Are we the same?  Now that our Messiah has come do we not listen and accept this great gift from our God?  The gift of salvation?  What would it take for you to open your ears and eyes and hearts to know this?  Buddy up to a Christian you know and try it out, is my suggestion.

On this day
2015  Good thing I was retired I had so much going on at this time.  I was trying to remortgage my house and they had me jumping through hoops.  I was trying to finish up my book "Come Get These Memories of the Sixties" in time for my 50th high school reunion in October.  I was seeing my Pulmonary Doctor quite often as he was watching spots in my lungs for changes.  Dr Zalt was very driven to make sure I was ok.  My ex-bosses girlfriend died on this day, very unexpectedly and I was stopping everyday at Beechwood to see Mom in her new living quarters.  So, it was a very busy day and eventually the mortgage, the book and my health all worked out to the best.  Keep on keepin on.

1789 - Ice cream was served to General George Washington by Mrs. Alexander Hamilton. This sounds like a first - at least ever noted.  I wonder what flavor it was?

Bhutan
Bhutan is located on the southern slopes of the eastern Himalayas, landlocked between the Tibet Autonomous Region to the north and the Indian states of SikkimWest BengalAssam, and Arunachal Pradesh to the west and south. It lies between latitudes 26°Nand 29°N, and longitudes 88°E and 93°E. The land consists mostly of steep and high mountains crisscrossed by a network of swift rivers, which form deep valleys before draining into the Indian plains. Elevation rises from 200 m (660 ft) in the southern foothills to more than 7,000 m (23,000 ft). This great geographical diversity combined with equally diverse climate conditions contributes to Bhutan's outstanding range of biodiversity and ecosystems.[2]


Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!!  Happy Birthday to Rachelle, Dan and Jeff!

No comments:

Post a Comment