Wednesday, June 26, 2019

June 26, 2019 Wednesday #Grace#memorieswithPAM#Dragnet#Tourism

Get Faith
Acts chapter 10  "....and he (Peter) said to them, "You yourselves know that it is unlawful for a Jew to associate with or to visit a Gentile; but God has shown me that I should not call anyone profane or unclean."  This is a continuation of the story of Cornelius, Paul and Peter.  This refers to the law that all three of these men were under as Jews - but now through Paul's conversion, and a visitation to Cornelius to speak to Peter, and Peter being the rock of the faith beginning were all brought to faith in Jesus Christ.  No longer on the weight of the law but free to love and care for one another in God's grace.  Love God and Love one another.

On this day
1987  My mom left to go up to St Helen.  I thought, wow she was still driving up there alone and then I did the math and figured out she was 65 - I'm 72 now and still doing that.  Age is relative isn't it?  Nicole was only 2 now so I had to work around her naps to get anything done, but we manage - and I wasn't working.  Neither was my friend Pam, a teacher off for the summer, so she came over with her two boys.  We took the kids to McDonald's for dinner, went by and checked my Moms house and stopped by Schwartz/s  and when we got back to my house her battery was dead.   I'm sure her husband Pat came or sent someone over to fix it.  I look back at that event differently now then I did at the time, I'm sure.  I'm sure the kids were fine playing in the meantime.

1987 - The movie "Dragnet" opened in the U.S. now there's some exciting stuff, lol

Bhutan

Tourism[edit]

In 2014, Bhutan welcomed 133,480 foreign visitors.[105] Seeking to become a high value destination, it imposes a daily fee of US$250 on tourists that covers touring and hotel accommodation.[106] The industry employs 21,000 people and accounts for 1.8% of GDP.[107]
The country currently has no UNESCO World Heritage Sites, but it has eight declared tentative sites for UNESCO inclusion since 2012. These sites include Ancient Ruin of Drukgyel Dzong,[108] Bumdelling Wildlife Sanctuary,[109] Dzongs: the centre of temporal and religious authorities (Punakha DzongWangdue Phodrang DzongParo DzongTrongsa Dzong and Dagana Dzong),[110] Jigme Dorji National Park (JDNP),[111] Royal Manas National Park (RMNP),[112] Sacred Sites associated with Phajo Drugom Zhigpo and his descendants,[113] Sakteng Wildlife Sanctuary (SWS),[114] and Tamzhing Monastery.[115] Bhutan also has numerous tourist sites that are not included in its UNESCO tentative list. Bhutan has one element, the Mask dance of the drums from Drametse, registered in the UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage List.[116]
Bhutan is also well known for mountain adventure trekking and hiking. Jhomolhari Base Camp Trek, Snowman Trek, and Masagang trek are some of the popular treks in Bhutan.
Every country has something beautiful to offer.

Enjoy the day! Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment