Thursday, September 19, 2019

September 19, 2019 Thursday #Helovesyoualot#Mywallunit#Alaska

Get Faith
Colossians chapter 3   "So if you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God."   Our Father, God knows how to be a good parent, he keeps his son close.  For those of us raised in the church we understand (somewhat) our Father God and our brother Jesus Christ.  We know that God sent his child to earth to be sacrificed for our sins.  Now, how much do you think that God loves you to do that?  The answer is a lot - He loves you a lot!

On this day
2004   My brother built me the most beautiful shelf and storage unit you can imagine.  I had told him I would like something to keep my books on and my music and photos in and display my tea pot collection and other decor.  It is perfect, but now I am considering a move and wonder what I will do with this massive piece of furniture that he lovingly built for me.  Ironically, the things I wanted it for, like books and photos are becoming things of the past, like music on albums and Cd's and video's.  On this day he brought the final  end pieces for the wall unit and Merri and Lindsey came over for dinner to see him.

1356 - The Battle of Poitiers was fought between England and France. Edward "the Black Prince" captured France's King John.  Sounds like a chess game to me.

 Alaska
Alaska is the northernmost and westernmost state in the United States and has the most easterly longitude in the United States because the Aleutian Islands extend into the Eastern Hemisphere.[9] Alaska is the only non-contiguous U.S. state on continental North America; about 500 miles (800 km) of British Columbia (Canada) separates Alaska from Washington. It is technically part of the continental U.S., but is sometimes not included in colloquial use; Alaska is not part of the contiguous U.S., often called "the Lower 48". The capital city, Juneau, is situated on the mainland of the North American continent but is not connected by road to the rest of the North American highway system.

 

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  

No comments:

Post a Comment