Monday, September 9, 2019

September 9, 2019 Monday#LovingFather#Quality#UnitedSates#twocentsperacre.

Get Faith
Ephesians chapter 1  "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in heavenly places.."   When I read this I believe that we have blessings that we are not even aware of, blessings of health and joy that we don't recognize or appreciate.  I wonder if we have possibly been spared many things in our lives that we don't even know about.  It is obvious from all we know about our God, our living God, that He is always with us and wants us to be with him, forever.  We can thank Him for that too - as well as saving us from our sin in His Son Jesus Christ.

On this day
1991   I had started working at Quality Picture Frame Co. in 1966.  They were a company spread out in 4 or so buildings on McNichols west of Livernois in Detroit.  They moved to the suburbs in 1970 and increased their business space and productivity.  The owner and my boss Jim expanded to a Gallery/and framing shop in Rochester and then to another location in West Bloomfield.  After a while he closed the West Bloomfield frame and art shop and opened one in Birmingham.  It was a good business that supported around 20+ people at different times.  When I read the entry on today I have to admit I was not aware that they merged business with Acme.  I only worked part time at this time and apparently didn't need to know.  I enjoyed the work and the people that I worked with there for 27 years. 

1776 - The second Continental Congress officially made the term "United States", replacing the previous term "United Colonies." That sounded a little too British I think, United Colonies.

Alaska

On March 30, 1867, the United States purchased Alaska from the Russian Empire for 7.2 million U.S. dollars, or approximately two cents per acre ($4.74/km2). The area went through several administrative changes before becoming organized as a territory on May 11, 1912. It was admitted as the 49th state of the U.S. on January 3, 1959.[5]    Back in the good old days when we could negotiate with Russia.

Enjoy the Day!  Make it Memorable!  Happy Birthday Rachel!

No comments:

Post a Comment