Monday, March 17, 2014

March 17, 2014 Monday St Patricks Day!

Did aerobic and weight intervals with Denise this morning.  Good thing I'm getting that massage later.


Job Chapter 3 and 42 -  This guy had a tough life.  If you ever feel bad about your life, read this book and see how he dealt with it. 


On this day;
0461 - Bishop Patrick, St. Patrick, died in Saul. Ireland celebrates this day in his honor.  I didn't know it was the day he died, puts new perspective on celebrating.
1981 - I went to lunch with two brothers that were regular customers at Quality Picture Frame where I worked.  Kim and Donn were great guys, a lot of fun and very entertaining.  They worked for their dad in Oak Park.  Times were different, eventually it came out that Donn was gay, but it wasn't well known.  It would have been bad for business and for Donn, who was very successful in other interests as well.  I remember his family wasn't real accepting either.  I am glad times are changing to end the stigma.


Parenting - My cousins son got engaged to his fiancée this weekend.  Congratulations to Marcus and Ken.  What a handsome couple!


Book club - Blood and Beauty by Sarah Donant, what a story.  I had no idea that went on in the Catholic church with their Popes.  The Borgias.  I guess I held them all to a higher standard.  They were/are after all human.


Travel - New Orleans!
The first jazz festival is the end of April to beginning of May! Wouldn't you love to get a seat down there for that?  Tickets available on Amazon.   Find some New Orleans music - Jazz, blues, Dixie land to listen to today. 


Enjoy the Day!  Make it memorable! 

No comments:

Post a Comment