Sunday, March 23, 2014

March 23, 2014 Sunday

The sermon today was about death.  Everyone has lost someone and everyone will face the final moment of life as we know it.  It is the best piece of faith you can have, to know that God has prepared the next place for you.  It's worth getting your God on for.


On this day:
1902 - In Italy, the minimum legal working age was raised from 9 to 12 for boys and from 11 to 15 for girls.  Progress?
1975 - On this day, it might have been the last time I was at Belle Isle.  We went to the Dossin Museum, the Planetarium and had ice cream.  I'm guessing it was a warmer day then today is.


Parenting - I live to get hugs at church from the little ones.  Luke and Logan charged me and hugged my legs and showed me their Sunday School art work.  Then came Savanah, another hug and showing off her new haircut.  If for no other reason, please bring your little children to church to hug us old people.  It is life sustaining.


Book Club - Blood and Beauty by Donant, a lot of history in this, think I will check to see if it is accurate.


New Orleans - Oh the food was great!  My Shrimp Jambalaya was real spicy but very good.  The Louisiana Beef Stew was excellent, the crab cakes and the corn bread.  Can't beat that Creole/Cajun cooking.  Get some before we move on from here!



No comments:

Post a Comment