Wednesday, June 18, 2014

June 18, 2014 Wednesday

Did some kick boxing today.  I always imagine myself in some scenario where I am trying to actually protect myself.  Only in my mind.


Numbers chapter 6 - "The Lord bless you and keep you,
the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you,
the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace"


On this day:
2006 - Mom was in the hospital after a fall.  That is the biggest problem for seniors, falling.  Last night at dinner with 7 cousins and friends we talked about how I am the only one left with a mother.  She is the last of her generation on either side of my family.  I am blessed.  Now if I can keep her on her feet.
1983 - Dr. Sally Ride became the first American woman in space aboard the space shuttle Challenger.   Women rock!


Parenting -  It is hard when your child marries someone that you aren't on good terms with.  And, then the baby comes and you are accused of trying to do too much, or not showing up often enough.  It is a fine line to walk.


Book Club - Heir Untamed by Danielle Bourdon.  I love when the royals are handsome bad boys.  Mindless entertainment for the summer.


Abidjan Cote d Ivoire:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VYZi9DMh38k#t=69


Hope you can get this.  A little music in French by Sramble.  A little taste of music!


Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday to Aunt Teresa (in heaven) and Analiese!

No comments:

Post a Comment