Tuesday, June 3, 2014

June 3, 2014 Tuesday

Ring Pilates - Pilates with a metal ring, what more can I say. 


Ephesians - chapter 5  See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise.  St Paul warns us to walk in Christ's footsteps.  Think of Christ's walk with fishermen and the poor, outside, eating together and caring for one another, being kind and giving. 


On this day:
1988 - Very early on this day, like about 2:30 am, we woke up to someone banging on the front door.  I got up and looked out, it was a girl, with long brown hair, I opened the door (?).  Because we had such a large social circle I was sure I knew her.  She burst in the door crying and clung to me like a lost 3 year old.  I just tried comforting her while I slowly backed up to the bedroom door, turned on the bedroom light and turned around so Mark could see her face.  Nothing.  He didn't recognize her either.  Finally she calmed down and said "don't you know me? It TC"  The last time we saw her she had very short blond hair, had been in cancer treatment and thin as a bone.  She was none of that now.  I put her to bed after listening a long time to her tale of woe.  I haven't seen her in years now, wonder how she is.
1985 - After five years, the characters of Nancy and Chris Hughes returned to CBS-TV's "As the World Turns." I wouldn't recognize these people either.


Parenting - Teach your children to swim it the season.


Book Club - The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak was an excellent book, and then see the movie, it is out on video.


Abidjan Cote d' Ivoire -  The ivory coast.  Lets check out some information on this place.
travel.yahoo.com
Tue Jun 03 2:19 pm GMT   Partly Cloudy, 86°F 
Abidjan is the former political capital and primary economic center of the country of Ivory Coast. As of 2011[update] it is the largest city in the nation and the third-largest French-speaking city in the world, after Paris and Kinshasa. As of 2006 records, there were 5,068,858 residents in the ...   Wikipedia

Search Shortcut


No comments:

Post a Comment