Friday, June 27, 2014

June 27, 2014 Friday

Went for a walk.  Easy for some of us.  Saw a man who seemed to be getting used to the fact that he only had one leg, on crutches, but he had a smile for a beautiful day.


Romans chapter 13 - "Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law."


On this day -
2008 - I was up in Marine City caring for my old buddy, Fitz.  When I got up there on Friday he was waiting patiently to go to Country Inn for dinner.  By this time the Macular Degeneration had stolen most of his vision, but he loved those waitresses at the restaurant and loved to have a joke for them.  They in return would have one for him.  He always had the same thing - chopped beef with mashed potatoes and gravy and a salad with French dressing.  It is the simple things in life that can make you happy.  He's gone, but his character lives on.


1969 - Patrons at the Stonewall Inn, a gay bar in New York City's Greenwich Village, clashed with police. This incident is considered to be the birth of the homosexual rights movement. Sometimes we do harm to our neighbors looking for a good outcome. 


Parenting - Had a visit from my cousins son Scott yesterday.  Families can move away or just get so busy that they don't stay in touch.  It was so good to see him and his wife and find out he has two grown sons.  He also gave me his mothers facebook name to get in touch with her, I love social media, just for that, keeping in touch. 


Book Club - Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller -  this won't take long to read.


Abidjan - Did you know they speak French there?
The official language, French, was introduced during the colonial period. This language is taught in schools and serves as a lingua franca in the country.


1
Enchanté de vous rencontrer. Nice to meet you. Je vous en prie, entrez, enchanté de vous rencontrer.
Please come in, it's nice to meet you.
See 2 More


2
Bonjour. Hello. Quand je rencontre une personne pour la première fois, je dis bonjour.
When I first meet someone, I like to say, "Hello."


3
Salut. Hi. Quand je répondrai au téléphone, je dirai juste salut.
When I answer the phone I just say hi.


4
Bonjour. Good morning. Je dis toujours bonsoir aux gens que je rencontre quand je rentre du travail.
I always say, "Good evening,"to the people I meet on my way home from work.


5
Bonne après-midi. Good afternoon.No Sample Sentences & Phrases Available







Enjoy the Day!  Make it Memorable!    Au revoir

No comments:

Post a Comment