Monday, June 20, 2016

June 20, 2016 Monday #legs#Thanks#Mom#Attila?#Mom#Fishstew!

Get Fit
Going to start the week with a leg workout.  It was a pretty active weekend so I'd like to keep the momentum up for the coming week that looks even busier.

Get Faith
Psalm 58:19  "Blessed be the Lord, who daily loads us with benefits, the God of our salvation!"  I too often go through the day without thinking about my good health, the good food I get to eat, my beautiful home with a cat to entertain me, a reliable car to get me to work.  I have a job that I enjoy with people that I can mother and entertain all while making money.  I am challenged to do my best and help a dear friend with his business and he pays me!  I come home to a quiet clean house, or socialize with a wonderful bunch of friends that are amazing.  I have a clean soft bed in a safe environment to sleep in.  It is summer, with warm beautiful days and yards full of flowers and green grass.  And he has saved my life with my Savior Jesus Christ.  God is indeed good.

On this day
Mom was in the hospital, after a fall.  She had been there 4 days so they could check her out, and on this day I went and picked her up and brought her home after work.  I had to cancel a dinner engagement with friends, which was ok, it was more important to make sure she was back on the road to recovery.

0451 - Roman and Barbarian warriors brought Attila's army to a halt at the Catalaunian Plains in eastern France. Did they make a movie of this?   It sounds familiar.

Parenting
There were many days I felt put upon while Mom lived with me.  She was here for 12 or so years, with many hospital visits and doctor appointments and staying home to keep an eye on her.  Today I went to the cemetery to clean up for Father's day. He has been gone since 1960 - but now Mom is there with him.  I wished I could bring her home.  Thank you God for those 12 years.

Puerto Rican cuisine
Caribbean Seafood Stewingredients 

 shop kitchen ▾
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon lime juice
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 pound skinless orange roughy or red snapper fillets, cut into 1-inch cubes
  • 1 cup chopped onion
  • 1 cup chopped green sweet pepper
  • 6 cloves garlic, minced (1 tablespoon)
  • 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
  • 1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
  • 8 ounces peeled and deveined uncooked medium shrimp
  • 1/2 cup snipped cilantro
  • 2 cups hot cooked rice
  • 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
  • Bottled hot pepper sauce (optional  wow!  This sounds good!
Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!
  Happy birthday to Ron, Isaiah, John, Ken and Karen!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment