Wednesday, June 1, 2016

June 1, 2016 Wednesday #legs#truth#summer#queen#guesttowels#PuertoRico

Get Fit
Working out the legs today and going for a walk after.

Get Faith
1 Thessalonians 5:21  "But test everything that is said to be sure it is true, and if it is, then accept it."  It is good to make sure before you repeat anything with authority that you know it is true.  I thought that a good source of truth was scopes but I have since found out it is as biased as any other truth.  I am beginning to think that a good rule of thumb is to not repeat anything, and I'm working on that.

On this day
1976 The first day of Summer is June 21 or there about, what marks the first day for you?  For some it is Memorial Day, for kids it is the first day when there is no school.  In 1976 it was this day, the boat went in the water, which was today , which was kind of late.  Because it was a wooden boat it had to sit in the slings for awhile to let the hull swell so the wood would seal up.

1533 - Anne Boleyn, Henry VIII’s new queen, was crowned.  Didn't anyone warn this poor girl?

Parenting
I loved the study writer adding "Fingerprinting children is a good idea.  It will settle the question of who used the guest towel in the bathroom."  I don't, nor have I ever lived in a house that had guest bathrooms, or guest towels for that matter.  I have them I just don't put them out, except at Christmas.  But I can guarantee my kids would not have hesitated to use them --- except at Christmas.  

Rio Grand Puerto Rico
Río GrandeCan't ever remember seeing the shape ot the Puerto Rican island.  And we are there in the red spot.  Happy landing!

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable! Happy Birthday Katy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment