Thursday, June 23, 2016

June 23, 2016 Thursday #Salsa#reflect#1rsthouse#surplus#babies#broke!

Get Fit
A little dancing with Rita.  Salsa to start your day!

Get Faith
Ephesians 6:6  "Obey (your earthly masters)... as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart."  We did a Bible study a few years ago on a book God at Work.  We have to show our Christian lives in every aspect of our daily life so that we reflect the laws of God, reflect the life we are suppose to live and to honor God in everything we do. Show that you practice what you preach.

On this day
1968 - I was 21 and in the process of buying my first home.  It was a cute little place that I bought with my fiancee Don in mind.  I was very excited so when my cousin Peggy came by I made her go for a ride and drive by the house with me.  It was an accomplishment I wouldn't have tried without my friend Christine at my back.

1836 - The U.S. Congress approved the Deposit Act, which contained a provision for turning over surplus federal revenue to the states. I would like to know when this stopped happening?  Most likely when they ran out of surplus.

Parenting
Two couples that I have been praying for to have babies both have babies.  Ty and Shannon got a 4 month old little girl in foster with the strong possibility of adoption.  My niece Lindsey and her husband Scott are in their 4th month of pregnancy with a little boy.  Two prayer answered.

Puerto Rico
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) — A group of bondholders on Tuesday sued Puerto Rico's government as debt negotiations fell apart less than two weeks ahead of what would be the largest default in the island's history.
The suit filed in New York by holders of general obligation bonds seeks to invalidate a debt moratorium and fiscal emergency law passed in early April as the island struggles to restructure $70 billion in public debt.
While Gov. Alejandro Garcia Padilla has not yet implemented a temporary debt moratorium, many speculate he will soon because Puerto Rico is expected to default on a payment of nearly $2 billion on July 1. That amount includes more than $700 million in general obligation bonds that are supposed to be guaranteed under the island's constitution.
The lawsuit said bondholders relied on that key protection when they bought general obligation bonds two years ago.  This isn't good.
Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  

No comments:

Post a Comment