Sunday, June 5, 2016

June 5, 2016 Sunday #eternity#doyourabs#flyakite#notwithakey#waterfall

Get Faith
Luke 7:11-17  This is the story of another man that Jesus raised from the dead.  He was from the city of Nain and the only son of his mother.  It said "Jesus had compassion for her"  and so he healed the man who was being carried out of the town on a bier and was raised in front of the large crowd gathered for his funeral.  The people, rightfully, glorified God and the story spread.  There are many accounts of people brought back to life in the Bible.  The best story is yours, where you will be brought back to life for eternity because of God's love for you and the death and resurrection of His son Jesus the Christ.  This is most certainly true.

On this day
1980 -  I have probably mentioned I worked two jobs quite often, as a lot of people do.  On this day I was selling Amway products, great soaps etc.  The boxes of laundry detergent were extremely heavy and I carried them in my trunk.  I delivered 2 boxes to people and the third one was for my friend Pam.  When I lifted the box my back went out and I couldn't stand up.  I still remember the pain.  That was a short career and a long recovery.

1752 - Benjamin Franklin flew a kite for the first time to demonstrate that lightning was a form of electricity. I remember learning this in school!  I wonder if he thought about the risk in this?

Parenting
What have you taught your kids?  Don't stand under a tree in a lightening storm?  Don't stay in the water in a lightening storm?  Don't go near downed electric lines?  Don't play with electricity?  I have to wonder where Ben's mother was.  I guess we know this now thanks to him.

Rio Grande Puerto Rico

History[edit]

Río Grande was founded on July 16, 1840, by Desiderio and Quilimaco Escobar, with the approbation of governor Miguel López. It was named after the Río Grande and is located where the Río Grande and the Río Espíritu Santo (Holy Spirit) join.  Good to know.
Rio Mar Beach Resort and Spa - A Wyndham Grand ResortNice place for a Sunday afternoon.

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday Claudia!!

No comments:

Post a Comment