Saturday, February 16, 2019

February 16, 2019 Saturday #Yourfaith#5lbs#weakstomach#GennargentuRanges

Get Faith
Mark chapter 10  A blind man called out to Jesus "Jesus, son of David have mercy on me!"...  Then Jesus said to him, "What do you want me to do for you?"  The blind man said to him, "My teacher, let me see again."  Jesus said to him, "Go: your faith has made you well."   Jesus knew that he had faith and that he believed he could heal him.  Do you know that?  How is your faith?  The most important thing to remember is that we want to be healed and forgiven for our sins so that we can be saved from eternal death.   Do you know that?

On this day
Worked out with some 5lb weights this morning.  Arms and weighted squats and lunges.  Boy I hope this works.

On this day
2009  I was still working at Clancy's but looking for another job.  His son was making it miserable for me to get up in the morning and go to work.  I was looking into the health care business, caring for home bound people.  When I realized that I had to be prepared to handle all situations I realized that I wasn't cut out for that.  My stomach was a little weak.  So I continued looking for a second job and ended up sticking it out at Clancy's for a number of years.

1741 - Benjamin Franklin published America’s second magazine, "The General Magazine and Historical Chronicle".   He was a busy guy!

Sardinia
The island has an ancient geoformation and, unlike Sicily and mainland Italy, is not earthquake-prone. Its rocks date in fact from the Palaeozoic Era (up to 500 million years old). Due to long erosion processes, the island's highlands, formed of granite, schisttrachytebasalt (called jaras or gollei), sandstone and dolomite limestone (called tonneri or "heels"), average at between 300 to 1,000 metres (984 to 3,281 feet). The highest peak is Punta La Marmora (Perdas Carpìas in Sardinian language)(1,834 m (6,017 ft)), part of the Gennargentu Ranges in the centre of the island. Other mountain chains are Monte Limbara (1,362 m (4,469 ft)) in the northeast, the Chain of Marghine and Goceano (1,259 m (4,131 ft)) running crosswise for 40 kilometres (25 miles) towards the north, the Monte Albo (1,057 m (3,468 ft)), the Sette Fratelli Range in the southeast, and the Sulcis Mountains and the Monte Linas (1,236 m (4,055 ft)). The island's ranges and plateaux are separated by wide alluvial valleys and flatlands, the main ones being the Campidano in the southwest between Oristano and Cagliari and the Nurrain the northwest.
  Beautiful country!

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday Ed!

No comments:

Post a Comment