Friday, May 31, 2019

May 31, 2019 Friday #MyChosen#donutsvsbagels#decidforthemselves?#TrektoBhuton

Get Faith
Luke chapter 9  "Then from the cloud came a voice that said, This is my Son, my Chosen; listen to him!""  Peter, James and John had gone with Jesus up on a mountain to pray, they were rewarded with hearing the voice of God saying the above.  I would love to go up on a mountain and pray and I would be happy with that - but the joy of being with Jesus and hearing God's voice well that would be over the top wouldn't it?  We can pray and be certain the Jesus takes our prayers to the Father for us, and you can listen to the wind, the rain and that still small voice that calls your name to be His chosen everyday.

On this day
2002  Work and school tedium.  I took bagels into work, it was a Friday.  I usually picked up bagels on this day and the guys enjoyed them.  The boss preferred donuts and brought a couple dozen in everyday and was somewhat off about me bringing in the bagels once a week.  He most often tried to pay me for them and said he liked donuts better......  What do you make of that?  I'm not a donut eater as a rule, but I never complained.  Maybe if I had eaten his donuts he would have eaten a bagel?  Or maybe his teeth bothered him?  Am I overthinking this?   

1854 - The Kansas-Nebraska Act passed by the U.S. Congress. It allowed people in the territories of Kansas and Nebraska to decide for themselves whether or not to allow slavery within their borders. 
Not sure that is a great idea!

Chaandragiri Nepal to Daga Bhutan

I'm sure this would be a very beautiful and exciting trek!  Think backpack!

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy birthday Sue!

No comments:

Post a Comment