Saturday, October 5, 2019

October 5, 2019 Saturday #Reallife#busyschedule#ChiefTecumseh#Tourism

Get Faith
1 Timothy chapter 6  "They are to do good, to be rich in good works, generous, and ready to share, thus storing up for themselves the treasure of a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of the life that really is life."  This is Paul advising Timothy to tell people to share their wealth so that everyone is cared for.  I believe that we can not have a good life ourselves when others are not cared for and fed.  A real life provides for others, teaches them the Word of God and loves everyone unconditionally as God loves us.  Follow the example that Jesus taught us in 3 short years in this world.  That is real life.

On this day
2017  Two years ago we had unseasonably warm weather all through September and even this day was in the 70's.  I went to the Thursday morning Bible Study at First English, which I really enjoyed all that year and last.  I think I have a time conflict this year with my new church and might be going there from now on.  Waynette and I were making plans to go up north for the weekend but her Dad ended up in the hospital and so we cancelled.  In the evening I met Norma, and both Pams at the Olive Garden for dinner.  I cherish these dinners with the girls.  I love a busy schedule.

1813 - Chief Tecumseh of the Shawnee Indians was killed at the Battle of Thames when American forced defeated the British and the allied Indian warriors.  This was in Canada, also called Battle of Moraviantown, which makes me think it was linked to Michigan.  Could be an interesting read.

Honolulu Hawaii
 Clockwise from top: Downtown, Pearl Harbor, statue of King Kamehameha I in front of Aliʻiolani Hale downtown, Diamond Head, waterfront on Waikīkī Beach and Honolulu Hale (City Hall)Clockwise from top: DowntownPearl Harbor, statue of King Kamehameha I in front of Aliʻiolani Hale downtown, Diamond Head, waterfront on Waikīkī Beach and Honolulu Hale (City Hall)  Kind of a shame that what was once a paradise is mostly all built up now.  Ah tourism.

Enjoy the day!  Make it Memorable!  Happy Birthday Sherry! 

No comments:

Post a Comment