Tuesday, October 8, 2019

October 8, 2019 Tuesday #nohypocrites#High#radiodrama#roughhistory

Get Faith
Titus chapter 2  "Remind them to be subject to rulers and authorities...to speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show every courtesy to everyone...The saying is sure.     I desire that you insist on these things, so that those who have come to believe in God may be careful to devote themselves to good works; these things are excellent and profitable to everyone."   This reminds me that your life is your message.  If you preach one thing and live a different thing it is what we refer to as a hypocrite.  The church has suffered deeply from this very thing.  Let us remember the words of  Paul in his letter to Titus to basically not be hypocrites.

On this day
1972  Found this tidbit in a notebook about this day in 72.  I was more a poet then journalist I think.  "I'm so easily caught up in the frivolities of life."  Apparently I was too busy to write and "running in circles".  I was dating the guy from Bourrough's that set up our billing/bookkeeping machine (of course) and he was getting serious - but I thought he was a little weird.  He did smoke a lot of pot, loved loud music and sauteed mushrooms.  In hindsight I'm lucky I quit the situation.  I wonder what was in those mushrooms?

1935 - "The O誰eills" debuted on CBS radio.  This was a radio serial drama that was aired from 1934 to 1943.  O'Neills

Honolulu Hawaii
Despite the turbulent history of the late 19th century and early 20th century, such as the overthrow of the Hawaiian monarchy in 1893, Hawaiʻi's subsequent annexation by the United States in 1898, followed by a large fire in 1900, and the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941, Honolulu remained the capital, largest city, and main airport and seaport of the Hawaiian Islands.[22]  
people in street watching fire in distance

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday to Arlene and Blake!!

No comments:

Post a Comment