Sunday, October 6, 2019

October 6, 2019 Sunday #MyGod#Couchtime#Chess#Kamahameha

Get Faith
Psalm 118:28:29a  You are my God, and I will give thanks to you;  you are my God, I will extol you.  O give thanks to the Lord, for he is good."  When was the last time that you told God "you are my God"?   In my morning prayers today, before church I made this statement to MY God.  I'm not sure I have ever announced this before.  I may have read it many times, but today I actually acknowledged in my prayers to God.  It is true and I am now aware that it is true.  Search your self and see if you need to say this in your prayers to God, let him know that you do indeed believe that He is your God.

2018  Last year was a Saturday and I did the routine days things - Bible and prayers, exercised, coffee and Facebook, breakfast, blog, cleaned up the house, grocery shopped, etc.  Oh and made lunch and dinner for Nicole and I.  She was at home last year, laying on the couch watching TV all day.  She didn't and still doesn't get that opportunity too often then and more so, now.  Life sneaks in and takes it toll on your leisure moments.  This year she is married and living in her own home, but not laying on the couch watching TV - her favorite Sunday sport.  Today she had to drive up to Mackinaw for a conference,with her wife, which makes it so much better.  So, I, am laying on the couch watching TV and enjoying the day.

1857 - The American Chess Congress held their first national chess tournament in New York City.  Do you play?

Honolulu Hawaii
Evidence of the first settlement of Honolulu by the original Polynesian migrants to the archipelago comes from oral histories and artifacts. These indicate that there was a settlement where Honolulu now stands in the 11th century.[18] However, after Kamehameha I conquered Oʻahu in the Battle of Nuʻuanu at Nuʻuanu Pali, he moved his royal court from the Island of Hawaiʻi to Waikīkī in 1804. His court relocated in 1809 to what is now downtown Honolulu. The capital was moved back to Kailua-Kona in 1812.

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday to Diane, Kay, Katie and Aimee!

No comments:

Post a Comment