Friday, August 15, 2014

August 15, 2014 Friday!

20 Minute Ab workout today.  Sometime it seems futile.  Like the other day after working in the yard, my back was killing me and I wonder if I will be able to exercise.  Then I get up the next day and exercise and it is better.  Don't hurt yourself, but stay active, even when you don't feel like it.


Matthew chapter 28 - The two Mary's go to the tomb and find Jesus gone.  They see an angel that tells them that Jesus has risen and to go tell the others.  We can't go to the tomb, and probably won't "see" an angel today, but you can still be assured that he has risen and because He lives you shall live too.  Oh, and you can still run and tell everyone the good news.


On this day:
1975 - I took a birthday cake over to Waynettes.  Today she is coming over and we are going out to dinner to celebrate her birthday.  It was yesterday, but close enough.  Birthdays are a chance to say YOU matter and I'm glad you were born.
1918 - Diplomatic ties between the U.S. and Russia were severed. Deja Vu?


Parenting - Last night Nicole and I went to spend the evening with the Cornell's because Allison, who we love dearly, is going to Florida to college.  I hate that she is going so far away, but that is life.  Their family is very "spread out".  They are also one of the closest, lovingest families that I know.   It isn't that they have a perfect life, they just do whatever needs to be done to stay connected.  God go with you Allison.


Book Club - The Voyager by Diana Gabaldon.  Finished.  Very exciting book, I recommend it.  The next in the series (a War and Peace size volume) is Drums of Autumn.  Trying to decide if I want to get enmeshed in this just yet.  Looks good.


Cairo Egypt -
Top Restaurants in Cairo, Egypt
from Yahoo Travelers




Cortigiano

Come early or make a reservation as good food and an equally delicious atmosphere have made this Italian restaurant a favourite among Cairenes. Recently remodeled, the subdued lighting and tasteful ...
Looks interesting!  Lets go there tonight!
Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!   Happy Birthday Kay!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment