Sunday, August 24, 2014

August 24, 2014 Sunday

The sermon this morning was Who do you say Jesus is?  We know Peter knew that Jesus was the Messiah, the son of the living God.  It is important that we know who He is, in our lives.


On this day:
1968 I spent the night before and the next 2 days in the main lock up, down at Beaubien in Detroit..  Everybody needs to learn a lesson occasionally.  My fiancée, Don had given me a small .32 pistol to carry in my purse since I lived in Detroit and it was after the riots.  You must have a permit to carry a gun, and I did not.  To make matters worse, I was with the motorcycle group when the police found it.  It was one of the worse weekends I ever spent in my life, I do not carry or even touch guns now.  We  are all expected to obey the law.
1954 - The Communist Party was virtually outlawed in the U.S. when the Communist Control Act went into effect. This is against the law also.


Parenting - I did not see the advantage to keeping my misadventures a secret from my daughter.  It was a lesson well learned.  Besides, my friends were all to eager to share my stories, now I will put them in a book.


Book Club - The Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon.  Jamie has decided whether to stay on and help out his Aunt with her large, successful plantation or go off to build his own empire.  Meanwhile their daughter 200 years later is in a relationship that is heating up in Scotland.


Cairo Egypt --  What to do on a Sunday afternoon.
.
User Review (48)
Giza Pyramids Plateau


The commentary might not impress you, but the dazzling light show and awe-inspiring backdrop of the Sphinx and Pyramids surely will. Three times a night in three different ...
                     

2.

User Review (50)
Giza Pyramids Plateau

Of all Egypt's monuments, none is as majestic and haunting as the Great Sphinx. It was named as such by the Greeks, because of its physical similarity to a mythical creature with a lion's ...
View gallery
8 photos
  • .
  • .
  • .
  • .
  • .
Below are pictures and videos. Select what you want to view below.
Contact: +20 2 383 8823
Open Hours: Daily 8:30a-4:30p
The most famous site in Egypt, and the one that appears on almost every tour package, this is the oldest and largest of the pyramids on the Giza Plateau. Built by the IV Dynasty pharaoh Khufu (better known as Cheops) around 2570 BCE, this 140-meter (460-foot)-high monument contains an estimated 2.3 million blocks averaging 2270 kilograms (2.5 tons). Its purpose is controversial: Many believe it was the ancient burial chamber of the pharaoh and his queen, while others suggest it had astronomical functions. As no inscriptions or mummies were found inside, speculation continues. It is now illegal to climb the pyramid, but you can go inside. After a descent at a crouch, a steep ascending passage leads to the Grand Gallery and two chambers. The King's Chamber contains a lidless granite sarcophagus while the so-called Queens Chamber was found empty. A separate ticket is required to enter each pyramid and the Solar Boat Museum. More

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday Mark! 

No comments:

Post a Comment