Monday, October 2, 2017

October 2, 2017 Monday #Whatfor#Therightpath#Listen!#Roadtriplovingthis!

Get Fit
I was ready to workout this morning when I saw the news.  It seemed futile to do sit ups to stay a live longer in a world that does not value life anymore.  Let's exercise our right to be kind, tolerant and caring toward one another.  The divide in our country is fueling haters to pick a side and act.  Speak respectfully to one another despite opinions, we have to start healing somewhere a long the line.  Finger pointing has never been a solution to progress.

Get Faith
Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me Your ways, O Lord,; teach me Your paths.  Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; on You I wait all the day."  If I walk in your paths Lord how do I teach others those paths?  How do I show them how not to go down that path of hate?  How can I show compassion and love that enemy that brings havoc in this world?  I thank You for my salvation but how can I help others to see that salvation?  Why can one man's hatred effect so many people?  Did no one ever reach out to him in care and concern?  Keep me on your path Lord and those I love.

On this day
2012  I was on my way to work when my phone rang.  It was my cousin Daryl's wife with bad news.  My Mom's brother, my uncle and Godfather had died.  I went back home to tell my mom, unsure how she would handle the news.  Uncle Hank was her last sibling, and her favorite.  Her baby brother.  We sat for a while trying to decide what to do.  Quietly, at first and then more audible I heard my Uncle Hank, literally yell at me to go up north to take care of his beloved Theresa, my aunt.  They have 3 sons, all have wives and a lot of grand and great grand children.  They don't all get along.  So, I packed up Mom and I and set off for Farwell to care for Aunt Theresa.  It was a wise decision and I saw that my Uncle was right in making that decision for me.  Love my Uncle Hank and Aunt Terrie. RIP

1492 - King Henry VII of England invaded France. We are never happy with the amount of Power, money or property we have.  

Fresno to Great Falls Road Trip!
Rte 80 to 15 and north through Idaho
Idaho Falls:
Snake River seen through trees along the greenbelt

a downtown street

Up 15 to Dubois

Panoramio - Photo of Dubois Idaho Downtownlooks a little deserted.
continuing on up 15 to Humphrey:

Skunk Hollow: Humphrey, Idahoskunk hollow it said, moving along:
up 15 to Red Rock:

RedRockPassIdaho071710.JPGThis is Red Rock Pass,  
On up 15 to Dalys:
nothing to see here apparently - on to Old Pit, Elephant killed by lightening:
Old Pitt's grave.


Old Pitt, Elephant Killed by Lightning

Field review by the editors.
Dillon, Montana
Died 1943
Pet Cemetery.
Famous elephant Old Pitt lived most of her life as a performer in Robinson's Great Combination Show. John Robinson III at one time had the largest captive elephant herd in the world, but a bank panic in 1916 forced him to sell out to Ringling Brothers.
Robinson retired to a farm in Terrace Park, a Cincinnati suburb, but kept four of his senior elephants -- Clara, Tillie, Tony, and Old Pitt -- with him. Neighbors became accustomed to seeing elephants pulling plows, or wandering along the roads.

WE have crossed into Montana apparently.  I missed the sign!  interesting.
Guess will stop here for the night, watch out for lightening and elephants!
 Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  


No comments:

Post a Comment