Sunday, October 8, 2017

October 8, 2017 Sunday #Enjoythegreatweather#sinsofomission#TYDrDamian#Broadway#Indianwars

Get Fit
Does washing the car count?  Maybe a walk later on - so beautiful today! 

Get Faith
1 Samuel 16:7  "God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."  The study writer references the Good Samaritan story, where a man is attacked and beaten and left for dead.  People of the church, leaders of the church and even other Samaritan's pass him by to die.  One man stopped and tended to him, took him to an inn to be cared for until he could return and even paid his expenses.  I'm thinking this unusual man was an angel - set there to heal both the man and the bad attitudes of those who didn't help. I'm hoping that they later heard the story and recognized their sins of omission with the poor man.  But, in the long run it doesn't matter.  God gives us opportunities to do good, whether or not we do is up to us - the Lord looks at the heart.

On this day
1984  Because I was 38 when I was pregnant with Nicole, and had issues as well, my doctors were very careful with me.  I went into the office almost every week.  On this day, I was at Quality at work and my lower back kept getting worse and worse pain.  My Doctor said to come in for an ultra sound.  I owe my healthy daughter to the good care I got from Dr Damian during that time.  I hope he is enjoying a long healthy retirement!

1904 - "Little Johnny Jones" opened in Hartford, CT.  Little Johnny Jones is a musical by George M. Cohan. The show introduced Cohan's tunes "Give My Regards to Broadway" and "The Yankee Doodle Boy." The "Yankee Doodle" character was inspired by real-life Hall of Fame jockey Tod SloanNow you know!

Great Falls Montana  History
he first human beings to live in the Great Falls area were Paleo-Indians who migrated into the region between 9,500 BCE and 8,270 BCE.[9][10] The earliest inhabitants of North America entered Montana east of the Continental Divide between the mountains and the Laurentide ice sheet.[11] The area remained only sparsely inhabited, however.[12] Salish Indians would often hunt bison in the region on a seasonal basis, but no permanent settlements existed at or near Great Falls for much of prehistory.[12] Around 1600, Piegan Blackfeet Indians, migrating west, entered the area, pushing the Salish back into the Rocky Mountains and claiming the site now known as Great Falls as their own.[12] The Great Falls location remained the tribal territory of the Blackfeet until long after the United States claimed the region in 1803.[13][14]  Now you know!

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday to Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment