Sunday, October 1, 2017

October 1, 2017 Sunday #Prayersforcomfort#Oktoberfest#nomarriage#Roadtrip!

Get Faith
1 Peter 3:12  "For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer."
This strikes a seriously sad chord in me today.  My cousin called and said her 39 year old son had been found dead in his apartment last night.  He had been a juvenile diabetic, there was no sign of anything so I am thinking he, like my brother Mark, had a heart attack.  We always ask the questions, how? where? when? what?  but the end result is still the same.  My cousin is a non-believer and never took her kids to church, so, I'm guessing they have no faith as well.  How do you comfort them?  That's my question. I have asked the Lord to look into their hearts and I hope He found some faith there. I can only pray.

On this day
2010  I am pretty sure that there are many days in my journals in the last 20 years that say "went to Oktoberfest", maybe more than 20.  On this day I went to my friend Don's Oktoberfest in Redford.  I have never had a bad time at one of these events.  Don and I went to many of them together, including to the Rathskeller on John R.  The mother of all Oktoberfests! 

1569 - The Duke of Norfolk was imprisoned by Britain's Queen Elizabeth for trying to marry Mary the Queen of Scots. If anyone here has any reason they should not be married, speak now or forever hold your peace.  OR  throw them in prison.

Fresno to Great Falls Roadtrip!!
From Reno to Fernley Nevada:
mountains4.gif Continuiing on RTE 80 to

OLAM SPICES & VEGETABLE INGREDIENTS ANNOUNCES EXPANSION OF ITS VIETNAM FACILITY ENHANCHING PRODUCTION AND SAFETY OF ITS BLACK PEPPER AND SPICES

Olam Spices & Vegetable Ingredients (Olam SVI or the Company) has completed an expansion in size and capability of its spices processing facility in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. The 85,300-sq.-ft (26,000-sq.-mt) spice processing facility will enhance cleaning and storage processes for black pepper, and adds capabilities to process cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg products. The investment in new equipment and technologies, along with its Innovation & Quality (IQ) centre in Fresno, California, allows Olam SVI to exceed prevailing international and U.S. regulations and the highest standards expected by its spice and ingredient customers.
And then on RTE 80 to: Marzen House Museum:
 and a little further up the road we will stop to eat at the Cowpoke Cafe!:
 Then on to Twin Falls:
Red Lion Hotel Twin Falls, Twin Falls Lets spend the night here after seeing all of Nevada today!
Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday to Suzanne!

No comments:

Post a Comment