Monday, March 4, 2019

March 4, 2019 Monday #Bewarethedevil#Babywishes#Romans&Muslims

Get Faith
"Now is the judgement of this world; now the ruler of this world will be driven out.  And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."  I read this as Jesus saying that the devil will be banished.  I don't believe it is gone yet, I think it means when Jesus returns and takes his people with him.  In looking around the world - the devil is still very much present.  I believe the ruler of this world that he speaks of  is the devil - or those it resides in.  Don't fool yourself into thinking all people can be won over to the path of the righteous, the devil still has a stronghold.  Be one of the people that is drawn to Jesus.

On this day
1978  I went to a baby shower for my cousin Sandra at the Shelby Inn with my cousins Kay and Kathy.  We went back to Kay's afterward, probably for a few drinks.  Sandra's family are mostly non drinkers and so I'm thinking the party was dry.  Sandra's son David, I assume the shower was for him is married and has recently moved to Arizona with his wife and 3 kids.  I love knowing what has happened to all these babies we have showered with love and gifts.  I am still in touch with all of these cousins 41 years later.  Sandra's family are devout baptists and have lived good lives. 

1681 - England's King Charles II granted a charter to William Penn for an area that later became the state of Pennsylvania.   So, before the USA was formed.

Carthage Tunisia
The ancient city was destroyed by the Roman Republic in the Third Punic War in 146 BC and then re-developed as Roman Carthage, which became the major city of the Roman Empire in the province of Africa. The Roman city was again occupied by the Muslim conquest of the Maghreb in 698. The site remained uninhabited, the regional power shifting to the Medina of Tunis in the medieval period, until the early 20th century, when it began to develop into a coastal suburb of Tunis, incorporated as Carthage municipality in 1919. I'm learning that any land that is of special worth or interest is always fought heavily for and usually has been under many rulers.  Here we see a still current war between the  Christians and the Muslims.  So many years.

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  Happy Birthday Sarah and Dave B

No comments:

Post a Comment