Tuesday, March 5, 2019

March 5, 2019 Tuesday #Thelightoftheworld#checkups#happyday#deUlloa#carnageinCarthage

Get Faith
John chapter 12  "Whoever believes in me believes not in me but in him who sent me.  And whoever sees me sees him who sent me.  I have come as light into the world, so that everyone who believes in me should not remain in the darkness."  Come into the light, Jesus is the light of the world, sent by God to light your path to the right way.  He will lead you out of the darkness, the unbelieving path to our God in heaven, for a better life and a better future. 

Get Fit
I was visiting a friend in the hospital yesterday.  The most important thing you can do for your health is eat right and as you get older make regular appointments with your primary doctor for a check up.  She had fallen so far from a healthy place that she could very well have lost her life.  Check ups people!!!

On this day
1981  It was my brother Mark's birthday, he turned 24 and he lived here in my home with me.  Adele brought the girls, Merri and Lindsey over for birthday dinner for him.  I am happy to remember these days that were fun and family for him.  Nice to remember this day because the next day my garage and half the house burned down.  No one was hurt but it was a huge mess. 

1766 - The first Spanish governor of Louisiana, Antonio de Ulloa, arrived in New Orleans. Not elected I assume.

Carthage Tunisia
The archaeological site was first surveyed in 1830, by Danish consul Christian Tuxen Falbe. Excavations were performed in the second half of the 19th century by Charles Ernest Beulé and by Alfred Louis Delattre. The Carthage National Museum was founded in 1875 by Cardinal Charles Lavigerie. Excavations performed by French archaeologists in the 1920s first attracted an extraordinary amount of attention because of the evidence they produced for child sacrifice. Although there has been considerable disagreement among scholars concerning whether or not child sacrifice was practiced by ancient Carthage,[3][4]recent research indicates that child sacrifice was in practice.[5][6] The open-air Carthage Paleo-Christian Museum has exhibits excavated under the auspices of UNESCO from 1975 to 1984.   Carnage in Carthage.  

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!  

No comments:

Post a Comment