Wednesday, July 31, 2019

July 31, 2019 Wednesday#Igotthejoy#friendshelp#fertilizer#Flightsouth

Get Faith
1 Thessalonians chapter 5  "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."  As a Christian I thank God daily and sing praise to him.  This week in Vacation Bible School, although I have had a bad cough from sinus' and am not a great singer, but I surprised myself at singing all the kids songs to encourage the pre schoolers to listen and watch the leaders to follow.  Some of the songs were tough and had hand signals that were tough for me to follow but the joy in that room was insurmountable.  That kind of joy is only ours in Christ Jesus.

On this day
1984  I was driving an old car, as usual and the brakes went out to the tune of $230.00.  Most people that have money put aside for these obstacles have newer cars and they are prepared.  I never was prepared, but for the grace of God and good friends I always managed.  I had a new husband at this time so it became his problem.  I got home in time to make his mom birthday dinner and 35 years later it is still her birthday.  I still have friends that step up for me and I thank God for them.

1790 - The first U.S. patent was issued to Samuel Hopkins for his process for making potash and pearl ashes. The substance was used in fertilizer. I was thinking beer but that Sam Adams.

Escalante Philippines to Fairfield Australia
The best way would be to board a jet plane and head due south but I'm thinking a boat trip would sure be interesting!  Anyway tomorrow we arrive in Australia

Enjoy the day!  Make it memorable!! Happy Birthday Lauren!

No comments:

Post a Comment